GuocoLand Limited (“GuocoLand”) is a public company listed on the Singapore Exchange since 1978. The principal business activities of its subsidiaries are property development, property investment, hotel operations and property management.
GuocoLand and its subsidiaries (“Group”) have established property operations in their geographical markets of Singapore, China, Malaysia and Vietnam, comprising residential, hospitality, commercial and retail developments. As a premier regional property company, GuocoLand is focused on achieving scalability, sustainability and growth in its core markets through its property development, investment and management businesses.
The parent company of GuocoLand is Guoco Group Limited, a company listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. Guoco Group Limited is a member of the Hong Leong group of companies.
In Singapore, The Group has successfully developed and sold 33 residential projects yielding more than 9,000 apartments and homes over the last 25 years.
Project Name: Leedon Residence
Developer: Guocoland Group
Architect: SCDA Architects Pte Ltd
Site Area: 48,525.30 sqm / 522,326 sqft
No. Of Units: 381 Residential Units
Expected TOP: 1st Quarter 2015
Carpark: 600 Carpark Lots (Approx)
2 Bedroom: 1044 sqft
3 Bedroom: 2088 to 2131 sqft
3 Bedroom + Study: 2088 sqft
4 Bedroom: 2486 to 2669 sqft
5 Bedroom: 4704 sqft
Garden Suites 3 Bedroom + Study: 3789 to 4704 sqft
Garden Suites 4 Bedroom: 3401 to 5285 sqft
Garden Suites 5 Bedroom: 6566 to 8051 sqft
Sky Suites 3 Bedroom + Study: 3283 sqft
Sky Suites 4 Bedroom: 3617 to 3767 sqft
Penthouse: 5694 to 6125 sqft
Penthouse (Private Lift): 7007 to 7718 sqft
Leedon Residence spells a home of qualities. Standing alongside other prestigious residences within District 10, the freehold development has everything to offer—from premium design to generous space, from tranquil living to vibrant lifestyle.
Leedon Residence towers above an approximate 5-hectare land area, making it the largest freehold residential site in the district. A comprisal of 381 units ranging from 2 to 4-bedroom, Garden Suites, Sky Suites and Penthouses, every unit of Leedon Residence will enjoy a greatly spacious layout, topnotch design, and branded fittings, with some accompanied by private pools, sky gardens, and express lifts. The condo is gifted with superb tranquility, an outcome of the surrounding greenery and natural features such as a 200m forest walk, courtyard gardens, and water court. With such prime location, the best of lifestyle and amenities at Orchard Road, Holland Village, Dempsey Hill, and many others are easily available, let alone other essentials like good schools, MRT stations, public buses, and major expressways.
Educational institutions in the vicinity include Nanyang Primary School, Raffles Girls’ Primary School, Hwa Chong Institution, National Junior College and Nanyang Girls’ High School. Designed by the award winning SCDA Architects Pte. Ltd., this project has also won the BCA Green Mark GoldPlus Award for its energy efficient features.
Developed by the reputable Guocoland Ltd, Leedon Residence is also another masterpiece of Chan Soo Khian, the renowned principal designer of SCDA Architects. With so many distinct qualities in one, Leedon Residences is a home where life turns complete.
SCDA ARCHITECTS is a multi-disciplinary architectural practice established in 1995. Principal, Chan Soo Khian was the recipient of the inaugural President’s Design Award, Singapore Designer of the Year and is part of the Panel of Designers for Poliform in Milan. He was also the recipient of the SIA-Getz Architecture Prize for Emergent Architecture in Asia, 2006. The practice was recognized as one of the Design Vanguard firms, redefining the Face of Architecture by Architectural Record USA. SCDA was awarded the Royal Institute of British Architects Worldwide Award for the Lincoln Modern in 2003, and was also the recipient of nine Chicago Athenaeum International Architecture Awards.SCDA’s designs strive for tranquility and calmness qualified by space, light and structural order, architectural expressions are distilled to capture the spiritual essence of ‘place’.
Its architecture and interiors are inspired by the cultural and climatic nuances of its context, integrating landscape, water features and blurring the distinction between interior and exterior. Spaces are often characterized by lush gardens, water courts and air wells, engendering a sensuous engagement with the elements. Projects display sensitivity to the environment and the inherent beauty of natural materials expressed through clarity in construction details and elemental architectural expression.
BCA GREEN MARK GOLDPLUS AWARD
Leedon Residence is a carefully designed residential development; we ensure that each unit enjoys the ambience of a retreat-style environment. It embodies the principles of sustainable design with use of eco-friendly features. Some of these features are:
1. Green Space The estate is set amid lush landscaping connected with flowing waterscapes and greenery to provide tranquil area for retreat and relaxation. More than 70% of the estate is devoted to landscaping and communal facilities.
2. Green Living At Forest Walk, carefully selected trees are planted to complement existing conserved trees. A meandering footpath, outdoor fitness areas and pavilions are integrated seamlessly within the lush greenery and bio-ponds.
3. Environmental Sunshades Building layouts have been maximized with mostly North-South facing to avoid direct heat gain from the sun. The building core has been ‘opened’ up to allow light and wind flow between the building and into the interfacing residential units and stair core. Balcony and planters provide shade to unit interior as well as a flexible outdoor living space.
4. Energy Efficient Features Low-E glass is used for façade glazing to reduce heat transmission from exterior to interior. ‘Cool’ paint used at east and west facing external walls provides thermal insulation effect by reflecting infrared ray and heat.
5. Water Management System for Irrigation A central rainwater-harvesting tank collects rain water for partial landscape irrigation hence reduces reliance on public utility water. In addition, a rain sensor detects precipitation and turns off the automatic irrigation so as to reduce water waste.
6. Water Usage Monitoring Private meters are provided to monitor major water usage including irrigation, swimming pool and water features.
7. Water Efficient Fittings Toilets in the common area and in the residential units are installed with dual flushing cistern to reduce consumption of water usage.
8. User Friendly Dual Pneumatic Chute Double refuse chutes are provided in each service lobby for the separation of the recyclable and non-recyclable waste. The waste is cleared at regular intervals by an automatic pneumatic mechanism that channels the waste via underground pipes to the bin centre. A container bin then stores the recyclable and non-recyclable waste separately for collection.
9. Motion Detector at Private Lift Lobbies and Staircases Motion detectors are provided at private lift lobbies and exit staircases to save electricity for lighting when space is not in use.
10. Energy Efficient Fittings Provision of four (4) ticks energy efficient air-conditioners under Singapore Energy Label to the residential units
11. Energy Efficient Lights Energy efficient T5 fluorescent tubes and Light-Emitting Diode (LED) light fittings are used at basement car park and common areas at first storey.
12. Energy Efficient Lift System Gearless traction machine and automatic turn-off car light and fan reduce capacity of motor and equipment, resulting in substantial saving of energy.
13. Control of Ventilation Systems in Basement Car Park Carbon monoxide sensors are provided to regulate the demand for mechanical ventilation to enhance energy efficiency.
14. Gas Water Heater Provision of gas water heater to bathrooms and kitchen to minimize dependency on electricity usage.
15. Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Paint Use of low VOC paint to all internal wall areas to reduce harmful compound vaporizing into air.
16. Environmental Friendly Products Products such as drainage cell, composite timber deck, waterproofing and painting are certified under Singapore Green Labeling Scheme (SGLS) or have components made out of recycled materials.